We are looking for a dynamic web developer to join our team. Working remotely you will be responsible for developing websites, implementing new design features and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to a client’s specifications. You will be working closely with the technical director and assisting with all aspects of website and application development.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, conscientious with meticulous attention to detail. As well as being organised, efficient and above all friendly and able to communicate on many levels, both with the client and the team.
Web Developer Job Duties
- experience with PHP (other back-end technologies such as .NET (VB and C#) also desirable).
- exposure to SQL databases also desirable (both SQL Server and MySQL platforms)
- candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- the position requires constant communication with colleagues.
- occasional exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems.
- work with a young, outgoing and very friendly team.
- testing sites and applications in different browsers and environments
- problem solving and fixing bugs in existing projects
- testing new features thoroughly to ensure they perform the correct task in all cases
- running performance benchmarking tests, refactoring and optimising existing code for page speed etc.
- building and testing Application Program Interfaces (APIs) for applications to exchange data
- meeting designers, developers and project staff for progress updates
- staying up to date with new trends and advancements in web development
- documenting code so other developers can understand and contribute to it
- designing information architecture within an application or website
Web Developer Skills and Qualifications
Also involved in supporting. Opportunity to help develop smartphone apps (Xamarin IOS/Android) and other related technical projects.